Friday, January 9, 2015

Briana Hauck

   Hello everyone, my name is Briana Hauck and I'm a new intern here at the Safety Council. This is only my second day of work but I already feel at home. Everyone has been so friendly and welcoming, how could I not. I'm an advanced first year student at the University of Central Florida. This means that I graduated high school with an Associates Degree. So although it's my first year at UCF I'm already in my major, which is Advertising and Public Relations. I tend to be a bit of an over-achiever so I also decided to have a marketing minor. I spend a lot of time in the library and focus (probably way too much) on school work and constantly improving my grades.

   Although it may sound like it, I'm not a complete nerd. I do have many interesting hobbies. I love to dance, and have been dancing for five years now. I'm currently part of a hip hop dance team at UCF called Rukus. We perform at a lot of UCF events and other sorts of showcases. I feel that this has helped me open up and make some new friends; I tend to be quite shy. A little fun fact about me is that I'm a third degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. So don't let my girlish appearance fool you, I know how to kick some serious butt. Another hobby of mine is shopping. This may sound silly to some, but I take it very seriously. I have over fifty pairs of shoes, and a closet stuffed to the brim with the latest shopping spree outcomes. And of course I follow all the best fashion bloggers on every social media site you can think of. My goal is to one day work as part of an advertising team for a high fashion clothing company.

   Some of the most important things in my opinion is family and friends. What's the point of being successful if you have no one to share your success with. I'm from a small town called Port Charlotte, which no one here seems to have heard of. It's located just north of Fort Myers, if that helps. It's a place where ninety percent of the population is over ninety years old, but it's home. I have a two little brothers who I love to death, so I visit often to see them. I came to Orlando completely on my own, not knowing anyone or having any friends. It was a big adjustment for me moving to such a big city. But one day on campus I met a very strange boy who asked me out on a date, and he is now my boyfriend. So that's made the journey a little more exciting.

   Although it's only been two days, I can already tell that this internship is going to teach me a lot and help me gain plenty of experience. I look forward to making mistakes, because that's how we learn. I feel like this is a step in the right direction, the direction toward a long lasting career. Thank you for making me a part of the safety council family.

No comments:

Post a Comment