Sunday, October 26, 2014

Can You Really Taste the Difference?

Being a 21 year old girl, having gone to an all-girls high school, and attending a liberal arts college, I have heard of every diet under the sun. From the juice cleanse, to no carbs, to only carbs, to only eating fish, to suddenly becoming a vegetarian or a vegan, I have witnessed it all. In the cafeteria and at grocery stores, I see people looking heavily at nutrition contents, and asking workers if this lettuce, meat, poultry, etc. is "truly" organic. Having a minor in chemistry, I have more knowledge on the actual content and chemical structures in foods. Being a public relations major, I have learned that companies will say anything to persuade customers to buy their products, and that the FDA doesn't have a standard definition of the word "organic" and how it pertains to food. This being said, I have come to question all these yoyo-dieters, and health nuts. Most people, and in this video especially, refer to them as "food snobs."

This morning while checking for media news on safety issues around Florida, I stumbled upon a video on food snobs not being able to tell the difference between McDonald's and organic food.  I decided to check it out, and I was amazed by some of the things individuals said while trying the supposed "organic burgers."  Check it out here




No comments:

Post a Comment