Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday Punday

Sunday is a gift to be cherished, which is why so many artists wrote songs about it. The Bangles sang, "wish it were Sunday, that's my fun day" in their song Manic Monday.  Maroon 5 sings, "driving slow on sunday morning, I never want to leave" in their song Sunday Morning. And my most favorite is Lionel Richie's Easy, "I'm easy like Sunday morning."  Sunday's perfect. It's slow, it's relaxed, and the day is filled with hardly any commitments.

As a kid, I had a Sunday morning routine. I would wake up, and my dad would always make me my Sunday sundae, which was a waffle ice cream sandwich. My mom would also prepare my coffee, which was either a glass of chocolate milk or hot cocoa depending on the season. I would eat while reading comics, and I felt just as important reading those as my dad must have while reading the other sections, keeping up on current events. 

Being an adult now, I still like to have a Sunday morning routine even in my hectic schedule. I wake up, take my dog for a walk, make myself a pot of coffee, and grab a bowl of my favorite cereal (wishing I could eat a delectable ice cream sundae for breakfast). Sunday morning is the time I allow myself to read my favorite websites BuzzFeed and Elite Daily. These websites scream the millennial generation, offering life advice, food tips, and more. While browsing this morning, I stumbled upon a list of puns, which had me laughing for a good 15 minutes. Below are a few examples, but take some time this Sunday or next to read them all, trust me you'll think they're punny. Here




No comments:

Post a Comment