Friday, September 26, 2014

Network Luncheon with Gatorland!

Today was the network luncheon that the Safety Council holds monthly. It was held at Mimi's Café in Orlando. Not only was the food delicious, but the luncheon was also very educational thanks to our guest speaker, Tim Williams from Gatorland, Orlando. Tim is known as "Dean of Gator Wrestling." He also has a great sense of humor!



I wasn't sure what to expect when Tim entered the restaurant carrying a duffle bag and a chest, however I soon found out that they contained a small gator, tarantula, lizard, and snake. Brave members of the audience were called up to volunteer....


Tim explained that spider bites are more common than you think, especially from brown recluse spiders which are highly poisonous. He said if you get bitten by one, don't take matters into your own hands, but head to the emergency center ASAP. (Hopefully I don't encounter one anytime soon.) Next out of the chest was a lizard, and this time I was the one called up. I was terrified at first to touch it, but after the presentation I faced my fear and even look like a natural.

 
The bravest of all were the ones that held the snake...
 


 
 
 
Hopefully next month's luncheon is just as fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment